For Communities: To help communities across Texas become more equitable, resilient, and adaptive.
For the Program: To become the primary resource for Texas communities seeking help mitigating threats or capitalizing on opportunities to advance economy, environment, and culture.
To provide training, tools, and assistance necessary to facilitate the transformation of communities from high risk/low opportunity to equitable, resilient, and adaptive by mitigating threats to the economy, environment, and culture.
- We value community fabric and respect local knowledge
- We desire strategic and equitable community economic growth
- We believe in the preservation and restoration of environmental systems
- We uphold principles of participatory and collaborative governance
- We believe in nurturing the health and capacity of people and places
- We seek to promote informed development decisions